On 19 and 20 July 1916, the Battle of Fromelles took place on a 4 kilometre front. The British 61st Division and the Australian 5th Division were pitted against three Bavarian regiments. The attack resulted in the disabling of almost 8,500 men. This museum combines archaeological and scientific techniques, history and the fate of soldiers linked to the Battle of Fromelles. Open from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm. Closed on Tuesdays. Schedules subject to change depending on the health conditions in force.
Rue de la Basse ville