Villa Cavrois

Designed from 1929 onwards and completed in 1932, the Villa Cavrois is a family home, commissioned by a Roubaix textile industrialist Paul Cavrois and his wife from the architect Robert Mallet-Stevens, a figure of the modernist movement. Following a precise programme, this villa concentrates all the advanced technologies of the time and constitutes an aesthetic shock whose effects are still perceptible today. The interior of the Villa, entirely treated with luxurious materials such as marble, exotic wood, and polished aluminium, is fitted out with furniture designed by Mallet-Stevens, who also signed the landscape design of the park. The most modern techniques of the time were applied. When Madame Cavrois died in 1986, the furniture was dispersed and the Villa was sold in 1987. After a long period of abandonment and vandalism, the State became the owner of the Villa in 2001 and undertook a vast project of preservation and restoration, aiming to recover the original 1932 project. The programme implemented by the Centre des Monuments Nationaux since 2008, scheduled for completion in March 2015, aims to show the exceptional ambition of the architectural project intended by the Cavrois couple. Open every day except Monday from 10 am to 6 pm. Closed 01/01, 01/05 and 25/12. Tramway - Stop : Villa Cavrois SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Reservation required on the website www.villa-cavrois.fr. Please bring a mask.

Contact

60 avenue John-Fitzgerald Kennedy
59170 Croix

03.20.73.47.12
villacavrois@monuments-nationaux.fr
www.villa-cavrois.fr

Villa Cavrois

Thematic of the place

Classifieds

Public price
: Free
Price with the pass
: Free